Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Been tagged

Ok...somehow, I managed to avoid this tagging thing for a while, and thought I'm immune to it.
But thanx to my friend Mirvat, who tagged me with this!
Bassita, Mirvat....alayamo baynana! :)
Anyway, here are the questions and the answers. A word of caution first. It's past mid-night, and everybody knows that kalamu ellayl, yam7oho el nahar!

1- Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?
Somehow yes! My blog initially started in English, which was ok, but always felt it's not exactly me. Though I always loved reading in English, writing was another issue. I speak English at work, with strangers on street, etc etc, but at the end of the day, I feel, think, and dream Arabic. When I started Arabic posts, soon Arabic took over. Somehow it felt more like me, and what I feel. This made the blog much more personal, and so I can safely say I like it.
The look? mmmm I meant to leave it as simple as possible. The pictures I choose sometimes take longer time to be prepared than the post itself. I take special attention at them, and never take them for granted.

2- Does your family know about your blog?

Only one of my sisters know, or at least that what I think ;)

3- Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?

Yes. I was telling alot of people around me about it, and initially wanted to be read. I later discovered that much more friends were reading me than I thought.
No matter how many people read my blog, it will always be a private thing.
It's how alot of my friends check on me anyway!

4- Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? or you try to discover new blogs?

In the beginning, I used to explore more and more blogs, but this was tiring and time consuming. Now, I have to admit, unfortunately, I read for a few of my favourite bloggers.
I always visit the bloggers who comment on mine, but most of the time for one or twice. This is only because of time resrtaints.

5- Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example.

Yes, very much. The blog made me reach far far in my poetry, and write about things Inever thought I will. It's very inspiring. This defintely had a positive effect on my mood and my personality. I usually read my posts first thing next morning, and feel good if I like it, opr the comments carry good stuff. This is sometimes the highlight of my days!

6- What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter?

I would be lying if I say I don't look at it. I used to look more in the beginning, and feel bad if the visitors are declining.

7- Did you imagine how other bloggers look like?

ofcourse. In fact, I had this thing for a long time, imagining old historic figures, writers of books or columns in newspapers..etc. It's so hard for me not imagine and sometimes create faces of people I interact with through reading them, or chatting with.

8- Do you think blogging have any real benefit?

eh...besalli w be7alli! I defer the answer!

9- Do you think that the blogsphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?

Noway. It's meant to be a reflection of us, our lives, our feelings, our dreams, our disappointments....or at least my blog is! Just look at the last war we had in Lebanon, and see how the blog was an integral part of our resistance, our grief, and our thinking.

10- Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them.

Sacre no. The right word is nauseating, and headache-provoking. After long years living in Lebanon, I'm sick of politics.

11- Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?

in a way yes, but can be sometimes surprising. My blog is a personal thing that reflects me, and what I went through. Not everybody understands what is behing each post! Criticism is nice, bass sometimes can be coming out of ignorance to what was behind the post.

12- Have you ever thought about what happen to your blog in case you died.

It will be lost like alot of old websites.....a yellow leaf that fell down from a large tree in September....will anyone care?

13- Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?
now you want some to be angry at me?! Every blog I visit affected me in a way or another.

14- Which blogger you think is the most similar to you.

Not sure what you mean by similar, bass I relate to alot. I relate alot to Arch Memory's poetry, though he usually writes in English.

15- Name a song you want to listen to?

Now? Julia's "waef ya zaman" has been in my mind for days!

16- Ask five bloggers to answer these question on their blogs?

hmmmm...yes!
ok..let me think:

Arch Memory
Coco
Gitanes

ok...faddayneha seireh!

3 comments:

Coco said...

enno leych ya3ne? :)

Hashem said...

coc- :)

arch.memory said...

Oops, I've been tagged! Now I have something to do at work ;) Thanks!